Effective May 14, 2015 – Updated Sep 01, 2015
We (the folks at thehappychickencoop.com) run this and would love for you to use it. This site, blog, and related services are designed to educate and entertain, and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (things like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear in any of your writing or what you link to.
That’s the gist of it. Thanks also to the good folks at WordPress.com, who have made their more comprehensive Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means that you can borrow some or all of their wording for your own Terms of Service. That’s exactly what we did.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by thehappychickencoop.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
The Website is not directed to children younger than 13, and service on the Website is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use the Website. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. thehappychickencoop.com has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, thehappychickencoop.com does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. thehappychickencoop.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which thehappychickencoop.com links, and that link to thehappychickencoop.com. thehappychickencoop.com does not have any control over those non- thehappychickencoop.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non- thehappychickencoop.com website or webpage, thehappychickencoop.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. thehappychickencoop.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non- thehappychickencoop.com websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As thehappychickencoop.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by thehappychickencoop.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify thehappychickencoop.com immediately via the email address available from the contact us page. thehappychickencoop.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. thehappychickencoop.com will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of thehappychickencoop.com or others. In the case of such termination, thehappychickencoop.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to thehappychickencoop.com.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from thehappychickencoop.com to you any thehappychickencoop.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with thehappychickencoop.com. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any thehappychickencoop.com or third-party trademarks.
- Termination. thehappychickencoop.com may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. thehappychickencoop.com and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither thehappychickencoop.com nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will thehappychickencoop.com, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to thehappychickencoop.com under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. thehappychickencoop.com shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless thehappychickencoop.com, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Corrections, Suggestions, and Complaints. We welcome comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, on the Website that warrant correction. Comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, can be submitted through the email address available from the contact us page. Comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, can be submitted through this email address.
- Changes. thehappychickencoop.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. thehappychickencoop.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Use of Information. Here at The Happy Chicken Coop we share lots of information all about how to raise and care for your chickens. Whilst we try to make all this information as timely and accurate as possible; We make no claims, promises, guarantees or warranties for the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. We are not Veterinarians and as such all the information on our site has been written from our own trails and experiences from raising backyard chickens. Any action you take upon the information within this site is strictly at your own risk. We are not liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of the information. As always, use your common sense and apply the information as and when it’s relevant! Remember: If you are ever uncertain; contact your local vet to seek advice.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between thehappychickencoop.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written posting by thehappychickencoop.com of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; thehappychickencoop.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.