The Happy Chicken Coop $1,000 ScholarshipEveryone is capable of raising chickens. Even if you’ve lived in the city all your life and have never stepped foot in the countryside, it’s possible. At The Happy Chicken Coop, we educate people on how to raise chickens properly, whether just starting or a flock veteran. We’re chicken enthusiasts that have been raising chickens in our backyards for decades. Because of this passion and knowledge of chickens, our goal is to help all chicken lovers!
Scholarship Details:The Happy Chicken Coop is proud to provide financial assistance this Summer Semester to a deserving Land Grant University student. To earn this $1,000 scholarship, we are looking for you to write a unique, thoughtful, creative, and research-supported article on raising backyard or small farm chickens. The article can be geared toward someone new to raising chickens or already raising chickens. The first step is to visit our site: TheHappyChickenCoop.com and familiarize yourself with our company’s purpose and overall theme. You will quickly see our friendly, welcoming approach to raising chickens. Each of our articles focuses on fun, informative, practical, and down-to-earth explanations. We are looking for you to follow this theme, be unique & engaging. All articles must cite their references.
- In a Microsoft Word file, create a 1500-2000 word essay devoted to helping backyard chicken keepers.
- Choose one consistent theme or subject for your article. One that focuses on your chosen subject regarding feeding, health, or raising chickens. Here are some ideas:
- Raising baby chicks
- Chicken coop design, construction, and security
- Maximizing your hens’ health and egg-laying
- Chicken health checks
- Sustainability of breeding chickens
- Submit your article to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline
- Deadline: July 1, 2021: The winner will be announced on July 10, 2021
- Only 1 submission per student
- Emailed must include: Full Name, Address, Phone, School Name, GPA, Date of Birth, (Parent/Guardian Name, if under 18)