Are you looking for toys for goats that can keep the boredom at bay and stimulate your ruminants while you’re away?
According to some cognition tests, goats possess complex intelligence. But here’s the catch, you need to stimulate these smart creatures.
Otherwise, they might use their mobile lips and tongues to explore and play with things that can get them into trouble.
But with many options online, how can you choose goat toys worth your money?
If you’re a goat owner looking for entertaining toys for goats and don’t have the luxury of time and the skills to build one for your ruminants, you came to the right place.
In this article, we compiled a list of the best goat toys perfect for physical and mental stimulation.
We’ll also discuss the:
- different types of toys for goats to play with
- what factors should you consider to find good goat toys
- and why are toys important for your ruminants
But before that, here’s a quick overview of the goat toys reviewed in this guide.
Best Toys for Goats Reviewed In This Guide
- Large Puppies (Up to 65 lbs): This KONG Puppy toy is 2.75" by 4"; made of a soft rubber formula for a growing puppy's baby teeth and gums - WHEN YOUR PUPPY TURN 9 MONTHS, SWITCH TO KONG CLASSIC OR KONG EXTREME
- Fetch and Chew Toy: The KONG Puppy's bounce makes for games of fetch & is an ideal chew toy for the puppy's teeth and gums
- Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Puppy is more enticing when filled with KONG Puppy Easy Treat and KONG Snacks. For an added challenge, freeze stuffed KONG for 4-6 hours before giving to your dog. (Dishwasher safe for easy clean up)
- Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Puppy as one of the best durable puppy toys available
- Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials
- Comforts and soothes your pet 24/7. 212 points can touch key acupressure areas.
- Mount over corner or use flat. Interlocks. Used by animals large and small.
- Safe scratcher. Durable. Enriching. Made in USA.
- FDA compliant. Easy to Install, Easy to Clean. 6 colors. SS Hardware included.
- Suggest beginning with 4 for large animals (horse, mules, cows, etc.). Suggest 2 for goats, pigs, etc.
- Fun and Exciting Play Tunnel：Kids love to crawl, chase, and play in toddler tunnel. This sturdy outdoor kids toys can curl around corners, yet will always return to its original shape. Play hide-and-seek, peekaboo, children can simply chase each other through the backyard toys.
- Safe and Durable：Designed with safety in mind, the kid friendly features include: round corners, durable stitching and safe material. Perfect for indoor play, this play tent is both fun and safe! The outdoor play tent is easy to be cleaned, just use a damp cloth and mild soap.
- Pop Up Design：Based on steel-spring construction, children playhouse folds flat for convenient storage when not in use. Based on steel-spring construction, kids play tent folds flat for convenient storage when not in use.
- Interest：This baby tunnel helps develop arm and leg muscles and gross motor skills. Bent into many fun shapes，it can promote creative, imaginative play. Children can crawl inside to help strengthen important motor skills.
- Endless Adventure: Looking for more ways to play? Connect the play tunnel to the other play cube or triangle for even more fun!
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR ACTIVITY CLIMBER: This kid's playset climber is great for adventurous toddlers, and even fits through a standard door frame for easy transitions inside or out.
- FUN FEATURES: This climber and slide for kids and toddlers features two levels of play with crawl-through spaces, climbing wall with easy-grip hand and foot holds, steering wheel and extra-wide slide helps develop gross motor skills.
- BUILD A BIGGER BACKYARD PLAYSET: The Activity Climber is part of Simplay3’s Young Explorers Modular Play System. Each play set can be enjoyed by itself or combined with other sets to add to the adventure and build a bigger backyard play set.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Double wall plastic construction has rounded, child-friendly edges, is weather and UV resistant and will stand up to the toughest of play to last for years. Our products are recyclable and can be passed down, too!
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are designed and manufactured in Ohio!
- ANTI-BURST - Built with sturdy PVC material, this anti-burst pilates ball can handle the most rigorous workouts up to 600 lbs of weight. You'll never need to worry about the balance ball bursting or losing its shape.
- ANTI-SLIP - The surface of this pregnancy ball is coated in a non-slip glaze that will ensure you have a proper and safe grip. Use it to get fit, relieve back pain, or to soothe aches during pregnancy as a birthing ball.
- TOTAL FITNESS - Excellent stability ball for yoga, pilates, or physical therapy. It can even help improve posture and core strength when used as an exercise ball chair, making it great for the office or working from home.
- FAST SETUP - These exercise balls for working out have a quick, dual-action ball pump to easily inflate by hand. Your workout ball is delivered deflated and can be pumped up in minutes with minimal effort.
- VERSATILE USE - Whether you're using this yoga ball chair for exercise or to bounce your newborn baby to sleep, our customer support team is on-hand to assist you with any questions or concerns.
- [ Solid Frame Stucture, High Weight Capacity] Exacme no net trampolines go through an ASTM certification. The frame is made by heavy duty galvanized steel, Especially the 6 w-legs (2 more legs than some others) make 12+ foot trampoline max weight up to 335 LBS to provide you with high confidence when you are jumping
- [ More Springs, Better Bouncing Experience ] The larger and the more of the springs, the better the bounce. Our trampoline designed with larger spring which is 4-12 pieces more than others
- [ No-gap Spring Cover, Safety Protection] Both the outer and inner sides of the trampoline pad can be secured, make the spring cover non-slip and no gap, effectively protect kids from the get pitched by the springs
- [ Foam Padded, Shock Absorption ] 0.6 inch thickness EPE-cell foam spring cover allows for absorbing hard impact and protects kids from getting injured when accidentally falling on the springs
- [ Outdoor Trampoline For Kids and Adults ] ExacMe trampoline comes with 7 sizes to meet different sized backyards and needs. 15 or 16 foot big trampoline is a prefect choice for family use and big backyard, choose 8, 10 foot trampoline if you have small kids or backyard
- 【Family-size Inflatable Pool】: With 120" X 72" X 22" size,SELLOTZ swimming pool with 312 gal water capacity can hold up to 2 adults plus 3-5 kids(Age 3+) to enjoy a splashing pool party in the backyard.This inflatable pool would be a great entertainment for your kids, pet dogs and family.
- 【Safe & Durable Retangular Inflatable Pool】: SELLOTZ swimming pool for kids is made with Phthalate and lead free, Using BPA-free materials that meets the standards of international children’s toys, which is twice thicker than most in the market, reducing the risk of punctures and ensuring a long service life.
- 【Quick and Easy to Use】: The family inflatable pool is easy to set up, you just need to simply spread out on the ground level.The inflatable pool can be inflated in 3-4 minutes by electric pump (not included), built-in 2 curve water valves double the drainage speed.
- 【Sturdy &Stable Pools for Backyard】: Comes with 3 individual air chamber each with double intake and free flow exhaust valve , the swimming pool for adults can withstand extra weight while preventing air leakage. 90° vertical drainpipe of inflatable swimming pool can facilitate the outflow of water, tidying inflatable pool up is no longer an issue.
- 【Great Gift,Swimming Pool and Ball Pit】:SELLOTZ inflatable pool is a great gift for your kids, families, pet dogs and friends. They could not only enjoy the hot summer day time with our inflatable pool in the backyard，but also it would be used as the ball pit indoor when the weather is cool.
- 🍀【Hay Feeder Toy Ball】You will receive Three different colors hanging feeding balls for horse, each with a nylon rope attached to it. The diameter of the ball is 5.11 inches, and the total length of the rope is 6.56 feet. Abundant and durable, it's perfect for your horses and goats in your home.
- 🍀【Funny Horse Stable Toy】This Polo Feeding Toy provides a unique way to keep your horse or goat in lock-up all day long and encourage natural foraging behavior. Your horses and goats will enjoy hours of head pool fun.
- 🍀【Hangings Feeder Toy】This Horse Treat Ball is designed to be hung in a stable away from the wall. When your horse eats hay or nudges the ball, the stability ball will swing to entertain your horse and make the stability time more interesting.
- 🍀【Safe & Durable Material】 The slow feed hay ball is made of environmentally friendly silicone material, which is highly elastic, bite-resistant and stretch-resistant, and can be bitten by horses without harm. The diameter of each nylon rope is 6mm, which is very strong, not easy to break, and can be cut freely.
- 🍀【Attention Please】 Our hanging feeding toy is only suitable as a toy to properly increase the feeding fun of horses and relieve their stress. It cannot be used as the main means of feeding.
So, Why Are Goat Toys Important?
Goats are curious creatures who love to explore their environment and search for freedom.
When not given enough attention and dynamic toys, they may resort to dangerous ways to entertain themselves or develop undesirable behaviors.
Some goats bully each other, chew on posts, or try to escape the fences.
Others go to extreme lengths to escape by knocking down fences or climbing onto unsafe platforms, which can make them at risk of falling or slipping.
Due to goats’ curiosity and boredom, they may also chew on posts, fences and debris, and other hazardous items that can cause mouth injuries.
In worse cases, boredom can cause stress and the development of aggressive behaviors, which can impact their health and their bond.
That’s why they need a dynamic range of toys to keep them entertained and stimulated.
What Kind of Toys Are Good for Goats?
Goats aren’t picky with toys since they can play with anything they can get their hooves on.
So it’s best to provide a variety of toys that will encourage them to improve their balancing and climbing skills or stimulate their natural browsing and explorative behavior without causing damage.
But some toys are more appealing to them than others.
So what kind of toys do goats like?
1. Treat-Filled Toys
Ruminants enjoy playing with treat-filled balls just as much as doggies.
So why don’t you give your ruminants a ball filled with grains or pelleted feeds?
It’s not just fun to play with. It can also fill their tummies with yummy goodness.
2. Scratching Pad
If you often spend time with your goats, you probably know how fascinated they get when they scratch their head, butts, bellies, or sides onto anything they can rub their body on.
So give your goats some scratching pads that can be attached to a post. It can help them get rid of the itch while entertaining them.
3. Climbing Toy
These creatures love exploring and climbing to elevated areas, so a climbing arena with numerous steps and ramps is a surefire way to entertain them.
4. Goat Tunnel
Goats can’t climb on tunnels, but these can also provide entertainment for your goats!
You can find many choices online, but you can also utilize old tires to save some bucks.
But if you have a seesaw, that’s even better! Your goats may need time to learn how a teeter-totter works, but they’ll surely enjoy it once they figure it out.
5. Headbutting Toys / Balls
Goats like to headbutt anything they can get their horns on.
So, why not provide a headbutting toy that can withstand a goat’s strike with its horn?
A sturdy soccer ball is perfect for this purpose and can surely satisfy your goat’s desire to headbutt.
Large squishy balls are also a hit with goats. Many goats enjoy scooping it up and throwing it away with their horns.
Sometimes, they like to roll it like a soccer ball.
6. Hay Feeder
Many goat owners prefer to use troughs over a feeder. But the latter is safer and more cost-effective because it keeps the hay from dirt.
Remember that goats don’t like eating dirty hay, so if you don’t want to waste hay and alfalfa (which can be quite expensive), it’s best to provide a feeder for your goats.
It’s a practical tool and entertaining equipment for your ruminants.
Trampoline isn’t just for acrobatics or gymnastic exercises! You can also utilize them as toys for goats.
Just place it in a spacious area and let your ruminant explore it.
Once they figure out how it works, they’ll surely be on cloud nine while jumping on a trampoline.
Goats hate rain, but they enjoy a refreshing water splash during summertime.
It helps them combat heat and boredom and bond with each other.
Now that you know what toys goats love the most, how can you find cost-effective toy options?
We’ll dive into that below.
What to Consider When Choosing The Best Toys for Goats
Before buying any goat toys, here are factors you need to consider to ensure you make the right purchasing decisions.
These ruminant creatures tend to be rough with their toys.
So, you must choose durable toys that withstand elements and rough goats.
Goats’ inquisitive nature often makes them at risk of acquiring injuries. So, you must ensure the toys you offer are safe and risk-free.
Check if the toy is sharp, toxic, or rough, and look for protruding nails, metal staples, screws, paints, plastic fibers, or anything that can injure them.
Don’t offer toys for goats that are rusty or about to rot, and avoid anything that can get their horns, heads, or hooves stuck inside.
If you rotate your goats into different pastures yearly, then the toys for goats must be portable along with your herd.
Since most of the toys on our list are movable, it’s not an issue for you.
But here’s the last thing you should consider before purchasing good toys for goats.
As time passes, goats will lose interest in their toys, so you must provide various toys and switch them every few weeks.
This way, you can stimulate their curiosity and encourage them to look for new toys around their pen.
And since bullying and competition are common in goats, you must give them multiple toys.
The dominant goats often claim some of them and don’t share them with the rest of the herd.
8 Best Toys for Goats
As a busy goat owner, finding time to create DIY goat platforms is challenging since I have a lot on my plate, and I’m not a DIY enthusiast.
So I turned to online toy options that provide goats entertainment and stimulation.
And I’ve compiled all of the cost-effective toys for goats that are worth spending your money on.
1. Best Treat-Filled Toys For Goats: Kong Fetch and Chew Toy
This vet-recommended bouncy toy contains a hole where you can stuff the snacks like grains.
What I like about this chew toy is it provides mental stimulation for goats while filling their tummies.
And since it comes with a unique shape, it produces unpredictable bounce, which can spark your ruminant’s curiosity and chasing instincts.
It’s made of natural rubber, so it’s very gentle and guaranteed safe for goats.
You can choose between two pretty colors, blue and pink, and four available sizes.
But colors don’t matter to goats because what matters to them is the treat.
You can use it to engage and bond with your goat or distract her.
So make sure to fill it with tasty grains, and they’ll surely go nuts over it.
You can use this chew toy to satisfy your goat’s innate desire to chew and keeps her stimulated mentally and physically.
Another thing I like about this is that it’s dishwasher safe, so you can clean it thoroughly without destroying it. So, upkeeping is quick and hassle-free!
It’s designed for teething dogs, so we can guarantee it can withstand even aggressive goat chewers.
Doesn’t Give Too Many Treats Too Quickly
Since treats must only be 5% of your goat’s diet or less, and some snacks like grains should be fed in moderation to prevent goat bloating, this treat feeder is an absolute must-have!
It takes several minutes to fish out their food from the inside, so it helps you keep your goats entertained without exceeding the recommended grain intake.
The downside of this toy is its price. It’s worth $12 per large Kong Toy, which is quite expensive for a relatively small toy (compared to the options below).
But the joy it brings to your ruminant is undoubtedly priceless.
Gets Dirty Easily
This ideal toy for goats can get dirty when rolled in the ground, so you may need to clean it daily if your ruminant brings it to muddy places.
But since it’s washable in a dishwasher, this shall not be a huge problem.
2. Best Scratching Pad for Goats: Scratch N All Itch Pad
So they need scratching pads like this to get rid of the itch.
It also provides goats with mental and physical stimulation and relief from itching.
And our go-to option for scratch pads is Scratch N All.
You have three size options for this toy for goats, and it’s available in seven colors: green, black, blue, brown, pink, bright green, and purple.
You can easily install it in your barn, stalls, or posts because it interlocks like a puzzle and comes with the hardware needed for installation.
This scratching pad can be used for goats and horses, pigs, and other animals who love scratching and rubbing their body.
I find this scratch pad thick and well-made. It does not easily wear out even if your ruminant may get aggressive sometimes.
It only measures 6 inches x 5 inches and is one inch thick, so if you want to cover a large area or have a larger pad, you need to buy lots of it and mount them together.
Considering its diminutive size, this is a little expensive, but the quality makes it worth it.
3. Best Goat Tunnel: PigPigPen Kid’s Tunnel
This tunnel allows animals like goats to crawl, chase, play hide and seek, and peekaboo with other herd members.
It’s not just a hit for children but also goats. Here’s what we like about this goat toy.
It has a soft, breathable material, and it’s built with a pop-up design that folds flat when not in use so you can easily move or store it away.
Guaranteed Safe For Goats
This was designed with your kids’ and animals’ safety in mind because it has no sharp corners, double stitching, and durable material that can withstand wear and tear for a long time.
Suitable for Both Indoors and Outdoors
This toy for goats is perfect for indoor play, but you can also use it outside, rest assured that it’s easy to clean using a damp cloth and mild soap.
Look Out for Ripped Fabric
You need to watch if the internal wire that supports its structure is exposed to prevent injuries and prevent it from poking you or your goats.
4. Best Climbing Toy: Simplay3 Explorer’s Activity Climber
So one way to fulfill this natural desire and entertain them is by providing climbing toys.
But this is no ordinary climbing toy. It comes with a slide and two climbing options.
This is perfect for adventurous goats with a knack for extra-challenging adventures.
Suitable for Both Outdoors and Indoors
This climbing toy for goats is weather and UV resistant, but if you need to bring it indoors, you can easily do so because it can fit into the doors.
Durable and Safe
Its double-wall plastic design ensures it can withstand rough playtime, and the edges are rounded and child-friendly.
So you can rest assured knowing your goats are safe playing with this.
It contains installation instructions that are easy to follow, so it shouldn’t be hard for you to set this toy up.
Not for Large Goats
Before purchasing this goat climbing toy, it’s worth considering the size of your ruminant to ensure it can fit into it and won’t outgrow it too soon.
This goat toy is the most expensive on this list, but the joy it brings to goats makes it worth the cost.
5. Best Yoga Ball for Goats: URBNFit Exercise Ball
It’s not just useful in relieving back pain, soothing your aching body, and exercising, but it’s also a great goat toy that can entertain and stimulate your ruminant.
This yoga ball is available in a wide range of colors. With a diameter of 26 inches, this ball is large enough to stimulate your ruminant.
Anti-Burst and Slip Property
The anti-burst coating enables you to do rigorous workouts without it busting and losing shape, and the non-slip glaze helps ensure you or your goat can have a firm and safe grip on it.
You can use this ball to stay in shape, bounce your baby to sleep, and stimulate your goats.
So, even if your ruminant is uninterested in this ball, it won’t go to waste because you can use it yourself.
This yoga ball is half the price of other balls, but it serves its purpose. Furthermore, it comes with a free pump.
A Little Flimsy
The downside of this yoga ball is it can barely retain its shape for people and animals weighing around 265 pounds despite the claim that it can handle 600 lbs of weight.
But if your goats weigh less than 250 pounds, this should work well for them.
Needs a Stronger Pump
It takes a long time to inflate the ball without deflating, so you may need an electric pump to do the job faster.
6. Best Trampoline Toys for Goats: ExacMe Outdoor Trampoline
It’s an ultimate boredom buster for goats, and they can share it with others, so it helps strengthen their bond too!
Our top choice for a trampoline is this ExacMe outdoor trampoline. This trampoline is available in 6 sizes, and its frame is made of galvanized steel.
Heavy Duty and Secure
This is guaranteed durable because it has larger and more springs than others.
Furthermore, it absorbs hard impact, thanks to its foam spring cover, and protects your goats from injury.
And since the galvanized steel is rust-resistant, it can last longer and support big goats.
Another thing I like about this trampoline is the waterproof, UV-resistant, and fade-resistant property that enables it to withstand the wear and tear caused by different elements.
While not putting an enclosure helps ensure your goat can access this toy 24/7, it also makes them at risk of falling when they’re having a blast.
Since it’s lightweight, you can move it anywhere you wish, but the downside is it may flip across your yard. But you can prevent it by securing the legs.
7. Best Pool for Goats: SELLOTZ Inflatable Pool
This blue pool measuring 120 x 72 x 22 inches, can hold up to 312 gallons of water, providing enough space for ruminants.
It comes with three individual air chambers, a double intake, and a free-flow exhaust valve in each chamber that prevents air leakage.
This pool is twice thicker than other options in the market, so you don’t need to worry about punctures.
Safe for Goats
What I like about this pool is it’s Phthalate and lead-free, and BPA-free, so it’s safe for animals and humans.
You can quickly deflate this pool when not in use, thanks to its 90° vertical drainpipe, and store it or move it to a different location.
Look Out for Holes
Despite its thick material, you still need to watch out for holes upon arrival of your purchase because it’s one of the most common complaints about this kind of pool.
8. Best Hay Feeder: Capuca Treat Ball Goat Toys
Unlike the Kong Dog Toy above, this round-shaped hanging toy is mainly for hay and large toys like carrots.
This was designed to encourage your goat’s natural foraging behavior while preventing boredom and stress.
Its diameter measures 5.111 inches, and it comes with a 6mm nylon rope.
Due to its silicone material, it’s bite and stretch resistant, so you can rest assured it’s safe for goats.
Since this is a hanging toy, this may swing a lot and make it more challenging for your ruminant to catch and enjoy the treat.
You can also use this toy for goats, sheep, calves, cows, horses, and other animals.
Even if your ruminant rejects it, other animals can benefit from it.
Since this is tiny, it’s not suitable for the main feed.
This toy is best only for treats and entertainment purposes.
But you may need to refill it more often due to its minuscule size compared to your ruminants.
Frequently Asked Questions About Toys for Goat
What toys do goats like to play with?
Goats enjoy playing with scratching posts, tunnels, seesaws, trampolines, and mineral blocks.
These boredom busters provide entertainment and prevent them from being destructive and escaping.
How do you keep a goat entertained?
The easiest way to entertain goats is by providing things they can climb on, like a climbing arena with multiple steps or ramps.
They’d also love playing with food enrichment toys and scratchers so they can get rid of the itch in their bodies.
What kind of balls can goats play with?
These animals also enjoy playing with soccer, yoga, and squishy balls.
But you can also utilize rolling plastic bottles as an alternative if you can’t find those balls in your home.
Do goats like to play with humans?
Ruminants like goats also like playing with or challenging their humans.
Sometimes, they butt or poke their humans to get attention or prevent their owners from getting their feed.
What is the most playful goat?
Pygmy and Nigerian dwarves are often the most social and playful ruminants. But Nubians, LaManchas, Alpines, Boer, Toggenburg, Saanen, Oberhasli, Sable, and Kiko goats are also friendly goats who need lots of mental stimulation.
How do I make my goat happy?
You can make your goat happy by building or setting up platforms where they can climb on and play “king of the hill.”
They also enjoy a variety of toys, including hay feeders, scratching pads, headbutting toys, and balls.
Final Tips on Choosing The Best Toys for Goats
Goats are active creatures and without stimulating activities, they’ll easily get bored and develop undesirable behaviors.
But by providing engaging toys for goats, you can help them stay happy and healthy.
There is a gazillion of goat toy options, such as treat-filled toys, scratch pads, tunnels, climbers, yoga balls, trampolines, and mini feeders.
But you can also repurpose old tires or build platforms so you don’t have to spend a fortune stimulating your ruminants.
Which of the toys above do think is fitting for your ruminants?
Share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.
And if you need more goat toy options, check out the article below for more DIY-able toy ideas.